This round serving bowl is an all-rounder in the kitchen. It can be a noodle bowl for one if there's broth involved (ramen bowl or pho bowl anyone?) or a reasonable size for two: pasta, salad, noodles, risotto... It can accommodate pretty much any recipe!
Approximate size: diameter 22 cm, height 6.50 cm
Approximate weight: 480 g
Each piece is handmade and therefore different. These dimensions are provided as a guide, on an indicative basis. They will most certainly vary slightly from one piece to the other.
- Cloudy blue: this ever-changing glaze has lots of iridescent nuances, including bits of green and white. This one cannot be made to order, as it only happens once in a while when the kiln Gods decide so.
- Cloudy white: a clearly-not-so-simple white with lots of iridescent nuances. The natural colour of the clay makes can some appearances too.
- Gloss white: a shiny white glaze contrasting nicely with the natural colour of the clay, often offering a toasted edge when they both meet.
- Myosotis blue: a vibrant blue slip topped with a transparent glaze.
- Midnight blue: a beautifully shiny very dark blue.
The glazes used are food-safe. The back is kept unglazed for a natural and modern look.
All tableware is food and dishwasher safe, however hand washing will extend the life of your pieces.
Ceramics shouldn't be exposed to rapid temperature changes. Use in microwaves is not recommended, as there is the chance of cracking.
Each piece has its own character, with beautiful imperfections, as they are all hand built in my East London studio, before going through two high-temperature kiln firings. I use recycled stoneware, so little speckles and nuances may appear from time to time, that's the beauty of it.