The ideal small gift! These knife or chopstick holders come in three designs (simple, fully striped and "domino"-style) and many colours! They are slightly wonky and all different, in a charming way.
They are sold by pairs.
If the pieces are in stock, I will send them out as soon as possible.
Otherwise, it will be made to order. Please allow around 3-4 weeks of production time. If you have any questions, please do get in touch before purchasing the item.
Approximate size: length 6.50 cm, width 1.50 cm, height 0.50 cm
Approximate weight: 10 g each
Each piece is handmade and therefore different. These dimensions are provided as a guide, on an indicative basis. They will most certainly vary slightly from one piece to the other.
- Cloudy blue: when cloudy green goes completely cloudy blue! This one cannot be made to order, as it only happens once in a while when the kiln decides so.
- Cloudy green: sometimes more on the light green side, sometimes more on the light blue one, that's the magic of this ever-changing glaze with lots of iridescent nuances.
- Cloudy white: a clearly-not-so-simple white with lots of iridescent nuances. The natural colour of the clay makes some appearances too.
- Green oribe: a very distinctive, Japanese-style green copper glaze.
- Matt white: a beautifully simple matt white glaze with its very own life and aspirations, resulting in natural drips and changing thickness.
- Myosotis blue: a vibrant blue slip topped with a transparent glaze.
The glazes used are food-safe. The back is kept unglazed for a natural and modern look.
All tableware is food and dishwasher safe, however hand washing will extend the life of your pieces.
Ceramics shouldn't be exposed to rapid temperature changes. Use in microwaves is not recommended, as there is the chance of cracking.
Each piece has its own character, with beautiful imperfections, as they are all hand built in my East London studio, before going through two high-temperature kiln firings. I use recycled stoneware, so little speckles and nuances may appear from time to time, that's the beauty of it.